I know, this is an overdue post and I’m sorry but I promise I have the best reason to date 🙂 I actually went to Bali this September for the school holidays (which I am currently working on a post for!). It was absolutely amazing, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I loved it! As we had two weeks of September school holidays in Australia, we went then and recently got back, just in time for school 😦 Anyway, it’s only Spring in Australia now that we are back but it was really hot in Bali so here’s a very summer inspired monthly favourites for you all 🙂
- Reef Sun Tan Oil – I bought a bottle of this miracle oil last summer and didn’t use it much but decided to dig it out of my bathroom cupboard and add it to the weight of my suitcase. I am sooooo glad I did! I ended up using it every time I lay out in the sun on my legs and arms (It was only SPF 15 but I didn’t burn at all on the oiled up areas). Then I put sunscreen everywhere else (my face, shoulders, neck and other areas that burnt easily). The oil worked a treat and made my skin soft and hydrated while getting and maintaining a nice natural tan 🙂 To top it off, it has the most amazing coconut scent!
- Longchamp Le Pliage Travel Bag L – I don’t really like using a small suitcase for a carry-on just because I put things I want to have easy access to on the plane in it and unzipping a suitcase in the small amount of space you have with a food cart trying to get past is not really my scene. So this time I decided to use a duffle bag and this Longchamp one is the perfect size, you can carry it like a handbag but it could also fit your whole bedroom inside 🙂 Mine is khaki which you know I am a big fan of and the brown leather detailing the nylon Longchamp bags have I find is really nice. They are also the lightest, most compact bags you will ever carry, absolutely perfect for travelling as they fold up into a tiny square package when empty and fit right under your plane seat when full.
- Poolside Mocktails – Probably the most missed thing about my whole holiday is just lying on a sun lounge, covered in Reef Oil, book in hand, sipping a mocktail. Sorry if you’d like to replace the first letter with a ‘c’ but I’m still underage so we have to stick to the boring ones for now. The mocktails at my hotel were so refreshing, especially in the heat and came in the most delicious flavours. Ones I tried included watermelon fizz, gineroska (ginger and lime), lychee delight and virgin pina colada.
- Market Shopping – Very popular in Bali, the markets are buzzing with tourists trying to get great bargains. We saw so many fake mimco pouches along with watches, other bags, makeup (lots of kylie cosmetics), basketball/soccer tops, sunglasses, sneakers, dream catchers, jewellery and clothes. Most of them are knockoff brands and I did purchase a few things. If you want me to do a post on everything I bought or even tips for market shopping overseas let me know 🙂
- Sportsgirl Aviator Sunglasses – No, I didn’t buy any fake RayBans at the markets but I kind of regret it now 😦 I guess I will just have to go back to get some hahaha. Anyway, because it was always sunny and we did lots and lots of walking, sunglasses were a must and could always be found either on my head or covering my eyes. I personally find it really difficult to buy sunglasses that actually suit my face and look good. The ones I took to Bali are brown aviator sunglasses from Sportsgirl. They are definitely the best fitting sunglasses I have found and the price tag is reasonable too 🙂
Thanks for reading this month’s (or should I say last month’s favourites 😦 ) Sorry again haha I’ll have October’s ready in time don’t worry 🙂 A Bali post should be coming soon even though this had very holiday, tropical vibes anyway. Hope you liked it and keep a look out for my next post! Love you all, always.
– Wish and Wonder Girl xxx