Can’t believe August is already over. I was quite sick last week and took almost a week off school 😦 Better now thanks to a few days with Netflix and many, many cups of tea but all I have is piles and piles of work to catch up on. Other than that, August was pretty good but pretty uneventful. It was Father’s Day last weekend and gathering with my family is probably my favourite thing ever so seeing all my cousins was great as usual. Anyway, onto my 5 August favourites.
- Homemade Donuts – My Mum and brother recently tried making homemade Italian donuts, zeppole, as we call them and they were amazing! I’m not sure exactly the recipe but we just found it online and deep fried the balls of dough, not really expecting much. They turned out really nice and we have made them another three times since, with different recipe variations and flavours 🙂 I personally like them filled with Nutella hahaha. Anyway, I highly recommend jumping into the kitchen one lazy Sunday and giving them a crack, you’ll be surprised 🙂
- Journalling – After buying two pretty notebooks and trying to devote myself to write a lot more, I have begun a journal. No, I haven’t written anything in it yet but I thought I should start writing, not really about my life but just anything, even if I don’t feel like blogging about something, I still want to be able to write it down and have it for myself to look back on. My Bucket List post inspired my extended bucket list, which I will also be putting in my journal. The other notebook I bought is going to become my travel journal, coming along on all my adventures so I can document the lifetime experiences I know I would want to relive just by reading my entries. I am going away shortly and have written the booking details in as well as all my previous holidays and road trips 🙂
- Farfetch – Farfetch is basically an online website that stocks every designer brand you can think of. When I found this website I was a bit iffy but my friend has actually purchased from there and highly recommends it. They have clothing, jewellery, kids wear (oh so cute) and shoes! I have my eye on so many things including Louboutins and a Gucci crossbody bag but have so much more saving to do before those things go through the checkout 🙂 If you’re a shopaholic like me you should definitely check it out, or don’t, because you’ll definitely blow the savings 😉
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – My mascara ran out and I was adamant to buy a new one ASAP considering it’s definitely my most used product and an absolute essential for me. I really didn’t know what to buy and was at first only looking at brands in Mecca, ready to splurge before thinking, no, mascara is not worth $30 and I’m going to need a new one soon enough because of how much I use it anyway. Yeah, it might lengthen my lashes a lot but it’s all the same black goop on my makeup wipes at the end of the day. Anyway, I ended up buying this Maybelline mascara after my friend recommended it and absolutely love it 🙂 It lengthens and separates my lashes really well!
- Orphan Black TV Show – To be honest, my aunty actually recommended this show and I decided to watch it while I am waiting for Netflix to update the new seasons of both Shameless and Jane the Virgin. I wasn’t expecting much but the show turned out to be amazing!! Just like almost any TV show I begin, I am hooked and it’s even better as there are lots of seasons for me to binge and eventually get through. I have decided not to start anymore shows that are new and only have one season because I am so sick of having to wait a whole year just for season two after I’ve smashed out the first season in less than a week 😦
Thanks for reading this month’s favourites. I better get started on some of my homework/study/assignments which are piling up 😦 If you aren’t drowning in school work like me I highly recommend you either start watching Orphan Black or begin a journal, write a bucket list if you want a writing prompt/activity (I’ve wanted to start a journal for ages but never thought I had anything meaningful enough to write about). My next post will probably be something about beating writer’s block because this was my case for so, so long. Keep your eyes out for that 🙂
– Wish and Wonder Girl xxx