I honestly cannot believe it has already been a full month since 2016 came to an end. January has been an amazing month for me as I have been enjoying summer holidays in Australia, spending days at the beach, road tripping and I was also lucky enough to fly interstate and enjoy the theme parks, beaches and a beautiful hotel in the Gold Coast. Reality is slowly hitting me as I am starting school tomorrow and just finished all my holiday homework I’m quite nervous to go back to school as I feel now that I’m in year 10 there’s much more pressure to focus on studies and perform well. I’m also not the most confident person especially around new people and although I am lucky to have my closest friends in most of my classes I am still quite nervous. Anyway, today I’ll be giving you a run-down of my top 5 favourite things from the start of 2017.
- The Beach – As I mentioned above, I have been lying on soft, warm sand and swimming in salty waves a lot throughout January. I’m definitely going to miss this as I’ll have no time for the beach anymore with school starting and the weather only making the transition to Autumn.
- Peanut Butter on Toast – Such a random favourite but I thought I had to mention this as I have been munching away on this every morning. I recently became obsessed with crunchy peanut butter and it tastes amazing slightly melted on my hot toast. I’m planning on making this my new after school snack to steer myself away from Tim Tams.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen SPF 50+ – I haven’t been wearing much makeup at all this month because it’s just too hot and I was swimming most of the time with not many proper outings. So, for my beauty favourite of the month, I couldn’t skip the product that has saved my face from the scorching Aussie sun. Normal sunscreen just feels so thick on my skin and ends up either breaking me out or stinging my eyes for the rest of the day. I can’t go without this face sunscreen by Neutrogena. Not only is it 50+, it isn’t greasy feeling at all and has a matte finish without making your face look completely white. It’s everything you could ask for.
- To Do Lists – You may be thinking, why would I need a to do list on the holidays? Well, my simple reason is that without my school diary I am completely lost. I am so disorganised and I find to do lists so handy even for little things like picking things up from the shops or cleaning out my drawers ready to take on the new year.
- The Cinemas & The Drive-Ins – I am a massive fan of movies on the big screen and depending on whether I want to watch a movie in my pyjamas or not, I have been going to the cinemas and the drive-ins recently. This month I saw XXX 3 – return of Xander Cage (action packed and so badass), Passengers (interesting and involves all the emotions), Sing (teaches kids to follow their dreams!), Moana (so inspiring for young girls), Why Him? (hilarious!) and Middle School (I found it funny but it has a shocking, sad plot twist).
This marks the end of my Top 5 favourites this January. Thanks for reading and keep a look out for my February favourites which I know will come around wayyy too fast. Enjoy the rest of the summer if you’re in Australia and if you’re lucky enough to have snow right now, well, send me some in the mail 😉
– Wish and Wonder Girl xxxx