No, I still haven’t started working out and yes, the weather is long past ‘cool breeze’ and well into ‘freezing your tits off’. The last few days have been as cold as 6°C and thanks to my school having the ugliest uniform, I didn’t buy the tracksuit pants. No wonder I already have a cold and winter hasn’t even started 😦 Sorry this month’s favourites are a bit late but the last few days have consisted of tea, sleep and study (thanks again to my school for surprising me with endless tests). Anyway, tomorrow’s Friday and then it’s full swing into my lazy weekend dedicated to a full recovery. I know it will end up being crammed with a month’s worth of study but let’s just pretend it’ll be relaxing 🙂 Keep reading for my April favourites, there for me through sickness and not.
- Free Online Books – I haven’t been reading as much this year just because of school work taking over but I am so happy I actually finished a book and have found an author I like and can obsess over/commit to HAHA. I find most of my books online and the one I just finished was called Lucas by Jay McLean. I had never read or heard of this author before and am so glad I listened to my friend and read it. I highly recommend it if you like steamy romance like me. I have linked the book so you can read it for free, it’s formatted just like an iBook and I’ll let you know how the author’s other series is because I’ve already started 🙂
- Fennel Tea – Nothing goes with reading and being sick like tea does. Even better, FENNEL tea. This has been my obsession for years now and I currently can’t get enough of it. If you’re Italian, you probably know fennel as finocchio, which is basically a white, crunchy vegetable I think HAHA I’m not sure but I usually eat it raw and it has a kind of aniseed flavour. Believe it or not, my Nonna is cutting some up now for a salad. Anyway, I buy the tea from the supermarket in tea bags but it is just 100% fennel seeds so you could just buy fennel seeds and infuse the tea yourself. Add a bit of honey and the most amazing winter warmer is complete.
- Personalised Jewellery – Because Mother’s Day is fast approaching, I decided to order my Mum a personalised necklace that says me and my brother’s names on it. It’s so cute and after digging around on their website which I have linked, there are so many cute gifts that I might even get something for myself. You should really check it out, I think engraved necklaces are the cutest presents and personalisations make them really unique and thoughtful 🙂
- Chocolate – YAY to having little cousins and still getting to have an easter hunt every year! It hasn’t been long since our Easter tradition and we have mountains of chocolate. I snack on it more than I don’t so you could say I’m enjoying having so much. I really need to start working out. This year, my favourites have been Cadbury mini marshmallow bunnies and rocky road chocolate bunnies. Weird but amazing.
- Lucas’ Paw Paw Ointment – I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned this in one of my favourites posts already because I swear by it. Especially now with the cold weather my lips are extra chapped and I have been using it religiously. Extremely popular in Australia, Paw Paw is the best lip balm ever and can be used on cuts, rashes, insect bites, dry skin or basically anything. It’s my miracle ointment and I highly recommend getting some ASAP 🙂
Thanks for reading this month’s favourites 🙂 I’ll be posting a Lush bath bomb review sometime soon so get excited! Love you all, wish me luck for next weeks tests. Tonight I’m going to get some homework done, have a finocchio tea and sleeeeeppppp 🙂 If any of you reading this are huddled under a blanket with a tissue hanging out of your nose and a sore throat, I recommend you do the same 🙂 Love you guys,
– Wish and Wonder Gir xxx