Honestly, June flew by just as fast as May and the amount of things I haven’t done but need to do is stressing me out. A lot. I feel like there’s so much to do but I’ve been so lazy and actually really sick, especially last week. My best friend is overseas so I have absolutely no one to do things with or cheer me up either. I should be living it up as today is the first day of the school holidays but no. Quite the opposite. I’ll be spending all holidays in bed and that’s certain. Anyway, I still managed to put 5 favourites together for you ahaha. Here they are 🙂 (It’s basically a sick girl’s survival kit, just warning you.)
- Beauty Blender – I recently purchased a real beauty blender, praying it would be worth the splurge on a makeup sponge and I kid you not, it absolutely is. The texture and feel are completely different to the many dupes and other sponges I have used. It is mainly way softer and squishier in comparison and when wet, the beauty blender is smooth and expands so much more than dupes. I think this is the reason it not only blends my foundation so well but soaks up any excess cake which I love 🙂
- Ivy Park Hoodie – I’m not lying when I say I have been living in this hoodie. Thanks to its baggy fit and not too fluffy but not too thin fabric, it’s really comfortable as well as stylish. Beyonce’s new clothing line ‘Ivy Park’ has a great aesthetic and you’ll love their range of clothing and accessories if you like plain designs that pack a punch. The line reminds me a lot of street wear and I think that was Beyonce’s inspiration. Thanks to my recent obsession with khaki, I fell in love with the khaki hoodie. Most of the clothing is in black and white which I love and basically all feature bold block letters. You can get ‘Ivy Park’ products at Topshop or online at JD Sports where I got mine 🙂 You should definitely check the brand out.
- Netflix – You must be thinking, she finally coughed up the $10 a month but no. My friend gave me her login 🙂 Hahahahaha. What can you expect, I’ve been sick so Netflix and Nutella have been my best friends. Thanks to my friend I have been able to continue all my T.V shows on Netflix, without the ad popups every 5 minutes and completely legal 🙂 One thing I did notice was that there are actually so many movies missing so don’t be disappointed if the movie you are specifically looking for isn’t there. I usually just scroll through the genre I want to watch and choose that way rather than looking for specific movies. Netflix is definitely better for T.V shows as they’re constantly being updated with new episodes and are very HD. I still don’t think I would pay for Netflix just because of all the other websites available and so easy to access now I don’t think it’s worth it but I still hands down love it and will definitely check for movies and shows there before other websites.
- Formula 10.0.6 Face Masks – My skin has been freaking out lately nd I ha such a bad breakout on my forehead. I;m pretty sure it’s from all the makeup I wore for formal as I don’t usually wear makeup 😦 Anyway, a friend recommended these face masks and I used one a couple of days ago to calm my skin and really liked it. I used the green one for oil absorption and have used the pink clarifying one before. I have to admit the green one stung quite a bit but I presumed that’s just the mask doing its job and my friend said the same happened to her. Anyway, they are a clay formula and dry nicely then come off with warm water. I really liked using it and think it helped to dry my blemishes without drying out the rest of my skin which is great 🙂 I love trying new face masks and will let you know when I find another good one!!
- Any and all wi-fi messaging/calling apps – With my best friend half way across the world, the only way we have been keeping in contact is by messaging and video calling through wifi apps. To avoid data-roaming fees we have been using Facetime, WhatsApp and the normal Snapchat and Facebook Messenger. WhatsApp is particularly good as you can message, call and video call with wi-fi and even better, when you send photos they automatically save to your camera roll. I absolutely love it as I know with most apps like messenger you have to save photos individually wich is an absolute nightmare when you’re receiving over 100 photos. With someone overseas or not, I definitely recommend these apps.
Anyway, there are this months 5 favourites and hopefully I get better as soon as possible for the school holidays. Right now I am drinking tea and catching up on Jane The Virgin which I surprisingly haven’t watched in ages! Yes, I am wearing my ‘Ivy Park’ hoodie and actually got out of my pyjamas today. Haha it’s an improvement I guess. Anyway, my next blog post I’ve started working on is going to be really different and I’m so excited for you to read it. See you then.
– Wish and Wonder Girl xxx