October has been long awaited all year, as it is actually my birthday month!! This year as it was my 16th and I had absolutely no idea what I really wanted, my family decided to take a vacation for my birthday 🙂 I chose to go to Bali and we stayed there for 10 days which was absolutely amazing. After arriving home, it was straight back into the swing of school and now I am beginning preparations for my end of year exams which are fast approaching 😦 Anyway, here’s my October’s favourites, I hope you enjoy and if you’re currently studying or doing your exams – good luck!! 🙂
- My Birthday – It’s not surprising that this was the best part of my month 🙂 I love celebrating birthdays and this year as we went to Bali for it, I was even more excited than usual (which is quite hard to beat). I highly recommend going to Bali if you enjoy relaxing, ‘island-vibe’ holidays and hot weather, as well as exploring nature and cultures as I found Indonesia to be really spiritual and beautiful.
- Naked Cakes – After returning home, my Mum made a naked cake to celebrate my birthday and it ended up turning out looking (and tasting) amazing. Even if you’re not the best cook, give it a crack and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is. We decorated mine with flowers and paired with the cake peeking through the icing, it really had a bohemian, natural and laid-back look to it which I loved.
- NYX Lip Lingerie – I have two of these NYX lipsticks but have recently been loving the shade ‘Push-Up’. Although I find matte liquid lipsticks very drying and not very long lasting, these ones are great layered with a gloss. The huge range of nude and brown shades which I swear by are also all amazing and unique – with their names all inspired by lingerie (how could they get any better?).
- iPhone 8 Plus – Another perk of my birthday – I was able to get my hands on the iPhone 8 quite early. Sure enough, I cracked the beautiful glass back within 5 days and was absolutely shattered (pun intended). Hahaha luckily only the little corner cracked but it was solely due to not having a case yet as it was so new. Whoops 😦 Anyway, there’s a case on it now but I’m not getting it fixed as it doesn’t bother me too much (oh and it costs $600). I’m trying not to let this phone take over my life but it is truly beautiful haha I’m a bit obsessed if you can’t already tell.
- Stranger Things TV Show – I have been obsessed with Stranger Things for ages now and after waiting a good year for Season 2, I have binged watched it within a week 😦 Here’s to another year’s wait for the next season. If you haven’t already seen Season 1, go watch it now as there’s actually a good amount of episodes waiting for you. Just try to slow down a bit, which I wish I did because it’s really no fun playing the waiting game for a year and forgetting everything that has happened 😦
That comes to the end of October’s favorites. Once again, I’m sorry it’s late and although it was half written at the beginning of October, my exams got in the way and I am only posting it now as all of my exams have finally come to an end. November favourites will be coming soon 🙂 Love you all,
– Wish and Wonder Girl xxx